Harlem Irving Plaza Carson’s Redevelopment
Client / Owner
Harlem Irving Companies
Architect / Engineer
Since opening as an open-air shopping center in 1956, Harlem Irving Plaza has been expanded, enclosed and enhanced over its 60 years of business. Graycor was the general contractor for the redevelopment of a former Carson’s Pirie Scott anchor store into six potential tenant spaces, as well as the addition of an expanded loading dock, high-ceiling atrium and entryway.
Work included structural demolition, structural steel erection, new escalators and elevator, carpentry and new finishes. As part of the redevelopment, a new metal panel and glass structure entrance will be added to the top of the existing parking garage, complete with a customized perforated metal panel ceiling with color changing light panels.
Along with the redevelopment of the Carson’s space, the surrounding interior common area was renovated with new ceilings, lighting and flooring.